I have operated within the interactive space since 1996. I began my career during the internet boom of the mid-nineties by co-founding the worldwide entertainment portal Clubplanet.com. After my departure from Clubplanet.com, I went on to work as an independent contractor on select interactive projects for clients like Motorola, Jones New York, Miramax Films and Sony Pictures.
Over the last few years, I have served as the Interactive Creative Director at the Night Agency in New York, where I directed video and interactive projects for the agency’s growing roster of clients. While I was there I helped to build the creative team at Night from a four person staff to a corral of twenty-four that continues to grow.
I left Night and continued my career at Firstborn Multimedia as a Senior Interactive Producer, working on projects for many large clients, including Porsche, Reebok, Malibu Rum, Microsoft, HP, and JCPenney. I later transitioned back to the creative side at Firstborn and went on to serve as the Studio Director, where I oversaw the design and production of all interactive, and was the lead director/producer of all interactive video-based projects.
One such video-based project was an intensive three-day shoot for Microsoft. This project took place at Ben Kitay Studios in West Hollywood and was manned by a thirty-five person crew. I directed a cast of Ninjas, Zombies, Aliens and spies and their attempts to attack a pair of IT professionals. A total of thirty-two vignettes were shot and produced for the global marketing campaign website. Because dialog was not an option due to the intensely different cultures and languages, my creative team and I chose to implement clever, slapstick humor as the universal language for this piece.
As a follow up I directed over 96 minutes of video for “Welcome back Spring” a highly-awarded online video experience for LOWES Home Improvement Center. The site commanded an average consumer engagement of nearly 12 minutes per session for the first month the site was online.
Between Firstborn and today I moved through some of the cooler shops, and small agencies in SoHo and DUMBO. I operated as a Creavtive Digital Producer/Director on a killer project for 19 Entertainment, while at POKE. Then I went on to script and direct some live action for a Herman Miller website and a lent a creative hand on a world-wide multi-platform project for Mr. Nelson Mandela and the launch of Mandela Day at Core Industries.
If you want to talk to me send me an Electronic Mail
JWT New York (Present)
- Working across multiple brands including: J&J, Stride, Rolex, as well as internal initiatives and internal projects with a strong digital focus.
HUSH Studios (2009/10)
Director of Interactive
- Established the Interactive wing to HUSH Studios, a multi-disciplinary content production company in NYC.
POKE! New York (2008/9)
- Produced & Directed an innovative, ground-breaking Internet property for 19 Entertainment. See it here.
Firstborn Multimedia (2006-08)
Studio Director – (2007/08)
- Established Live Action for Web Department. As Studio Director, I produced & directed all live-action content, for our interactive projects.
Sr. Interactive Producer – (2006/07)
- As a Senior Interactive Producer I was responsible for overseeing the development, design, and deployment of our interactive offerings.
Night Agency (2004-2006)
Interactive Creative Director
- As the Creative Director of Interactive I worked on every project from concept to design and programming.
Interactive Art Director
- Worked on all of the American Express Travel online marketing, including Ad Campaigns, micro-sites, and corporate website installments.
Studio Freelance (2001-2004)
Big Spaceship / Interactive Art Director
- Sony Pictures – The Grudge official movie site. Bronze Lion Winner
Deep Focus / Interactive Art Director
- Designed rich-media ad-units for The Kill Bill II campaign
FDT Design / Interactive Art Director
- Worked on projects for David Byrne & Brian Eno, as well as The Tate Modern.
Client Freelance (2001-2004)
Rockstar Games / Interactive Art Director
- Grand Theft Auto III – Desktop Wallpaper – Remix Series
- Rockstar Games branded entertainment – Five Borough Series
Chief Creative Officer/Co-Founder
- Co-Founded and handled all creative and brand products on-line and off.